OVERVIEW ON ELEPHANT HOUSE IN ADDO ELEPHANT
Elephant House is a rambling colonial farmhouse with thatched roofs, and deep verandas filled with comfortable sofas, Persian Rugs and a private art collection, built around courtyards and lush gardens. Situated in the Sunday’s River Valley, 8 km from main entrance to Addo Elephant National Park, an easy 45 minute drive from the historic Indian Ocean harbor town of Port Elizabeth in the malaria-free Eastern Cape. The wide verandas (filled with comfortable sofas) forming a series of courtyards are a defining feature, while the décor at Elephant House evokes colonial & African images and is furnished with the owners’ private collection of antiques, Persian rugs and Africana art. The 9 spacious bedrooms open onto courtyards & private verandas. Children are welcome and baby sitters are available on request. Children also have full use of the “Club Room” which has games, a TV with a DVD library, and a laptop computer.
Dining At Elephant House
The chef serves lovely light poolside lunches and after “sundowners” a memorable three course candlelit dinner is prepared with flair and personal attention.
Activities At Elephant House
- Game drives – Addo Elephant National Park
- Elephant back safaris near Addo Elephant National Park
- Experience Indian Ocean Beach In Port Elizabeth
- Experience the Sabi Sand, Timbavati, Manyeleti Game Reserves
- Connect to South Africa safaris to Madikwe, Shamwari Parks and Reserves
- Connect to Victoria Falls & Zambia safaris in South Luangwa, Lower Zambezi & Kafue Parks
- Connect to Botswana safaris in Okavango Delta, Chobe, Moremi, Savuti & Central Kalahari
- Connect to Tanzania safaris in Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Selous, Ruaha, Gombe, Mahale
- Connect to Kenya safaris in Masai Mara, Samburu, Amboseli, Lake Nakuru, Tsavo, Laikipia
- Connect Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Kenya climb tours
- Relax at Indian Ocean Beach Islands of Zanzibar, Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles.