OVERVIEW ON HILLTOP CAMP IN HLUHLUWE
Hilltop Camp is located on the summit of a forested hill offering fine views of the surrounding countryside. The camp, the oldest in KwaZulu-Natal, was extensively rebuilt and enlarged in the early nineties, and today accommodation at Hilltop Camp ranges from a luxury lodge to a variety of superbly appointed self-catering accommodation facilities. All Hilltop Camp units are serviced daily. From the bottom of the price range up, facilities include: twenty 2-bedded rondavels with communal ablutions and kitchens; 7 twin-bedded and 22 four-bedded self-catering chalets. 20 twin-bedded chalets, which are full service, are within close proximity to the main reception area. This area includes an a la carte restaurant, an attractive pub and lounge decorated with photographs and memorabilia of the history of Hluhluwe, as well as a gift shop and convenience store. A forest trail is available to guests at Hilltop. Hlaza Hide has been developed at the site of the old summerhouse in Hilltop Camp and it will shortly incorporate a waterhole with soft lighting at night to aid game viewing.
Dining At Hilltop Camp
The Mpunyane Restaurant offers a full English buffet breakfast every day. Lunches from Monday to Saturday are a la carte and on Sundays a hot and cold buffet. Dinners are either a hot and cold buffet or a traditional braai (barbeque) depending on the weather. Dinner arrangements do change according to guest profiles and holidays.
Activities At Hilltop Camp
- Game Drives
- Birdwatching River Cruise
- Mountain Biking
- Eco Quad Trail
- Forest Hikes
- Horse Riding
- St Lucia Estuary & iSimangaliso Park
- Connect & Tour Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban
- Connect to South Africa safaris to Kruger, Sabi Sand, Madikwe, Shamwari, Phinda Parks and Reserves
- Connect to Victoria Falls & Zambia safaris in South Luangwa, Lower Zambezi & Kafue Parks
- Connect to Botswana safaris in Okavango Delta, Chobe, Moremi, Savuti & Central Kalahari
- Connect to Tanzania safaris in Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Selous, Ruaha, Gombe, Mahale
- Connect to Kenya safaris in Masai Mara, Samburu, Amboseli, Lake Nakuru, Tsavo, Laikipia
- Connect Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Kenya climb tours
- Relax at Indian Ocean Beach Islands of Zanzibar, Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles.