OVERVIEW ON KWANDWE GREAT FISH RIVER LODGE IN KWANDWE
Kwandwe Great Fish River Lodge is set high up on a steep bank of the Great Fish River overlooking a majestic vista that stretches far into the horizon. With expansive viewing decks, every moment offers an opportunity to explore more of the wonders of the bush – a majestic kudu picking its way to the water’s edge or a pair of Cape clawless otters cavorting in the river. The rugged landscape is reflected in the materials and frontier style of the lodge, while the gleaming antiques and warm rugs of the interior mirror the magnificence of the scenery. This extraordinary safari lodge comprises nine luxury suites, all affording spectacular views of the wild, yet gentle African landscape. Each suite offers an en suite bathroom, indoor and outdoor shower, private plunge pool and thatched game viewing deck with spectacular views of the Great Fish River. Kwandwe Great Fish River Lodge is furnished in Frontier Settler style, integrating local African culture with colonial settler history, the Lodge’s stone and glass suites feature floor-to-ceiling doors which reveal uninterrupted wilderness vistas. Guest areas have a large fireplace with massive stone chimney, and a soaring thatched roof with imposing chandeliers. Subtle aloe green and slate grey hues are used throughout the lodges to complement and enhance the natural environment.
Specific Information On Accommodation at Kwandwe Great Fish River:
Ideal for family safaris
Six intimate suites
Air-conditioning and en suite bathrooms
Spacious sitting areas
Gorgeous rim-flow lap pool
Unique interpretive center
Dining At Kwandwe Great Fish River Lodge
Meal times are arranged to surprise, with thoughtful delicacies served on the viewing decks, in the dining room, by lantern light in the cosy walled boma or in any of a number of unexpected locations. Soaring ceilings and huge stone chimneys dominate the guest areas, creating imposing spaces filled with comfort and light. But not everything is arranged to impose, with cosy spaces created from the warm rock walls, dark leather armchairs and deep coloured rugs.
Activities At Kwandwe Great Fish River Lodge
- Game drives and Interpretive Walking Safaris – Kwandwe Game Reserve
- Experience Indian Ocean Beach In Port Elizabeth
- Experience the Sabi Sand, Timbavati, Manyeleti Game Reserves
- Connect to South Africa safaris to Madikwe, Kruger Parks and Reserves
- Connect to Victoria Falls & Zambia safaris in South Luangwa, Lower Zambezi & Kafue Parks
- Connect to Botswana safaris in Okavango Delta, Chobe, Moremi, Savuti & Central Kalahari
- Connect to Tanzania safaris in Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Selous, Ruaha, Gombe, Mahale
- Connect to Kenya safaris in Masai Mara, Samburu, Amboseli, Lake Nakuru, Tsavo, Laikipia
- Connect Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Kenya climb tours
- Relax at Indian Ocean Beach Islands of Zanzibar, Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles.