OVERVIEW ON KWANDWE UPLANDS HOMESTEAD IN KWANDWE
Kwandwe Uplands Homestead is an intimate lodge, sensitively restored 1905 farmhouse. Set in a remote and tranquil valley, this lodge offers an alternative safari experience in Kwandwe’s extraordinary African wilderness. If you have always longed to boast of having a farm in Africa, the genteel Uplands Homestead is the place for you! This elegant, restored 1905 farmhouse retains all the charm and grace of its period without losing any of its country warmth and ambiance. Set in a remote and tranquil valley, and available for the sole use of families and parties of up to six, Uplands will soon have you feeling master of all you survey. With a full contingent of friendly staff, including a private chef and butler, you’ll experience all the comfort and convenience of a genuine home.
Perfect for the sole use of a group or family of up to six, Uplands Homestead is situated half an hour from Heatherton Towers (Kwandwe’s reception building) and 45 minutes from Main Lodge. Antiques and memorabilia reminiscent of an 1820s Settler home elegantly blend with comfortable, modern finishes. With rolling lawns dominated by a stately home cradled in a valley among the untamed hills of Kwandwe Private Game Reserve, Uplands Homestead strikes a perfect mix between the genteel and the wild. The elegant and refined interiors, with their damask linens, antique silver and porcelain, create the ideal foil for the windswept bush and wildlife outside. High ceilings remind guests of the Cape’s open spaces, while wooden floors and roaring fireplaces echo the warmth of Africa. Private verandas off each suite open up to the slopes beyond, decorated with hundreds of aloes.
Specific Information On Accommodation at Kwandwe Uplands Homestead
Three air-conditioned suites
En suite bathrooms
Reception in historical fort
Private 4×4 safari vehicle, butler, chef, and ranger and tracker team
Dining At Kwandwe Uplands Homestead
The heart of any farmhouse is its kitchen and Uplands is no exception. With its wrought iron chandeliers and pristine tiled walls, the room is a quaint and welcoming core. Modern catering equipment masquerading as a traditional cooking range, manned by a skilled chef, creates both old family favourites and new dishes. Delectable meals are served in the dining area, where friends and family gather to share the day’s adventures. Clusters of comfortable chairs in the sitting room invite hours of relaxation, while the green lawns and sparkling pool create a perfect outlet for youthful energy.
Activities At Kwandwe Uplands Homestead
- Game drives and Interpretive Walking Safaris – Kwandwe Game Reserve
- Experience Indian Ocean Beach In Port Elizabeth
- Experience the Sabi Sand, Timbavati, Manyeleti Game Reserves
- Connect to South Africa safaris to Madikwe, Kruger Parks and Reserves
- Connect to Victoria Falls & Zambia safaris in South Luangwa, Lower Zambezi & Kafue Parks
- Connect to Botswana safaris in Okavango Delta, Chobe, Moremi, Savuti & Central Kalahari
- Connect to Tanzania safaris in Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Selous, Ruaha, Gombe, Mahale
- Connect to Kenya safaris in Masai Mara, Samburu, Amboseli, Lake Nakuru, Tsavo, Laikipia
- Connect Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Kenya climb tours
- Relax at Indian Ocean Beach Islands of Zanzibar, Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles.