OVERVIEW ON MADIKWE SAFARI LODGE IN MADIKWE
With its earthy plastered walls, dry packed stone work and rough wooden beams, Madikwe Safari Lodge appears to grow out of the rust-red African setting like a gigantic termite mound. Offering a commanding view of the game-rich plains, each room overlooks the majestic panorama of the Dwarsberg Hills, as well as the Marico River, a green ribbon cutting through the landscape. Both splendid and serene, yet as warm and approachable as an African sunset, Madikwe offers an intimate bush experience with a humorous twist. Nestled on a gentle slope of the rolling hills above the flat plains of Madikwe, the conical roofs and chimneys of the lodge blend imperceptibly into the surrounding bushveld. Seemingly part of this wild landscape, Madikwe Safari Lodge reflects the legendary but whimsical hospitality of the often tough inhabitants of this untamed corner of South Africa.
Sweet as a midnight treat of hot chocolate with marshmallows, yet sharp as the tang of a traditional shot of mampoer liquor, Madikwe Safari Lodge will enchant and entertain you. With only 20 suites split into three camps, Madikwe Safari Lodge offers a personal touch that leaves you feeling pampered. Groups gather around large fireplaces and compare wildlife encounters, whether in the snug sitting areas with their board games and books or over the full flavours of meals in the dining rooms. Colours bursting with warmth and easygoing layouts, like the casual covered living room filled with beanbags, swinging chairs and cushions scattered directly on the floor, reflect a carefree and comfortable lifestyle. Take sanctuary among natural textures and rich materials in spacious suites with circular fireplaces. Glass doors blur boundaries between inside and out, and your private sitting area is the perfect vantage point for an afternoon spent gazing at the bush. Watch elephant, giraffe and warthog from the depths of your deep, copper-plated bathtub, which opens out onto a private deck, or indulge in a cool splash in the strategically placed plunge pool. Take your shower indoors or out, with only the whisper of the wind and maybe a curious yellow hornbill for company.
Dining At Madikwe Safari Lodge
Delicious breakfast, with platters of fruit and cheese followed by a selection of hot breakfast dishes. Choose from eggs, oats, waffles or a number of other options. Lunch is served on expansive decks overlooking the game-filled plains. Experience mouthwatering dinner around a blazing fire in the boma with newfound friends. Linger over dessert and cognac or retire to the warm fireplace in your own suite.
Activities At Madikwe Safari Lodge
- Game drives and Guided Wildlife Activities At Madikwe Game Reserve
- Experience the Sabi Sand, Timbavati, Manyeleti Game Reserves
- Connect to South Africa safaris to Madikwe, Kruger Parks and Reserves
- Connect to Victoria Falls & Zambia safaris in South Luangwa, Lower Zambezi & Kafue Parks
- Connect to Botswana safaris in Okavango Delta, Chobe, Moremi, Savuti & Central Kalahari
- Connect to Tanzania safaris in Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Selous, Ruaha, Gombe, Mahale
- Connect to Kenya safaris in Masai Mara, Samburu, Amboseli, Lake Nakuru, Tsavo, Laikipia
- Connect Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Kenya climb tours
- Relax at Indian Ocean Beach Islands of Zanzibar, Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles.