OVERVIEW ON PHINDA ROCK LODGE IN PHINDA
When you first set eyes on the ochre walls of Phinda Rock Lodge clinging to the cliff face you’ll need a second look to realise you haven’t arrived at a Mexican hacienda. While the rugged adobe-style building wouldn’t be out of place in a desert pueblo, the lush bushveld vegetation and the wildlife dotted on the surrounding slopes leave you in no doubt that you’re in the middle of Africa. With only six suites carved into the rocky hillside, you’ll feel you’re part of an elite tribe of rock dwellers suspended in a cosy hideout that offers complete seclusion from the world below. Suspended over the valley below, the cliff-top suites provide an intimate, cosy space in a dramatic setting with an eagle’s eye view of the reserve. Snuggled high above the surrounding panorama, your closest neighbour is likely to be an inquisitive spotted genet paying you a friendly visit on the dining deck. Experience the awe of the spectacular views from your suite’s private viewing deck or feel as though you’re floating on air with a dip in your personal plunge pool on the very edge of the breathtaking precipice. When the sense of freedom has you feeling giddy, retreat to the natural sanctuary of the secret spaces of your bedroom or private sitting area, the roughly hewn walls and chunky textures giving you the feeling that you are sheltering within the mountain itself. Freshening up after your morning game drive becomes an experience all in itself, with deep bathtubs encased in wide windows that open up onto a spectacular view of the valley. Three suites offer al fresco showers so deeply sheltered in the leafy growth that you’ll feel you’re bathing in your own private waterfall. The white face of Leopard Rock lies directly across from the lodge, while a watering hole draws wildlife from the deep hollows of the valley below.
Dining At Phinda Rock Lodge
Savor a meal served among friends, both old and new, in the cozy dining room or the haven of your own suite. When night draws in, retreat to the warm refuge of an intimate gathering around a roaring fire in the guest area.
Activities At Phinda Rock Lodge
- Game Drives
- Walking Safaris
- Mzinene River Canoeing
- Mzinene River Boat Cruise
- Bush & Beach Experience – Connect to Indian Ocean Beach Destinations in KwaZulu Natal
- Experience the Kruger Park, Sabi Sand, Timbavati, Manyeleti Game Reserves
- Connect to South Africa safaris to Hluhluwe-Imfolozi, Madikwe, Shamwari Parks and Reserves
- Connect to Victoria Falls & Zambia safaris in South Luangwa, Lower Zambezi & Kafue Parks
- Connect to Botswana safaris in Okavango Delta, Chobe, Moremi, Savuti & Central Kalahari
- Connect to Tanzania safaris in Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Selous, Ruaha, Gombe, Mahale
- Connect to Kenya safaris in Masai Mara, Samburu, Amboseli, Lake Nakuru, Tsavo, Laikipia
- Connect Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Kenya climb tours
- Relax at Indian Ocean Beach Islands of Zanzibar, Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles.