1. Durban Highlights Tour
Enjoy a full day tour discovering the cultural and historical contrasts of the city, before being enthralled at Durban's hottest attraction; uShaka Marine World.
- Drive along the 'Golden Mile' (Beach front area).
- Visit the Phansi Museum - home to a collection of Southern African artifacts and traditions, including beadworks,headrests, Zulu clay pots and various other treasures. (Closed on Sundays).
- Stop at Durban's Botanic Gardens, founded in 1849 and home to a fine mix of African, Asian and American trees.
- Discover the rich Indian history of Durban and enjoy a taste of the unique 'Bunny Chow' cuisine.
- Enjoy the spectacular and entertaining dolphin, seal and penguin shows.
Departures: Daily - 0900 hours Duration: Full Day Price: On Request
2. Shakaland Tour
Experience traditional Zulu culture & customs at the largest Zulu kraal in all of Zululand, packed into one exhilarating day.
- Sample some traditional Zulu beer.
- Enjoy the grace and energy of the Zulu dancers.
- Witness the skill and artistry that goes into spear, shield, beadwork, pot making and the building of their huts.
- Visit an iSangoma (witchdoctor).
- A delicious lunchtime feast is included.
Departures: Tue/Thu/Sat - 0845 hours Duration: Full Day Price: On Request
3. Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Safari
Spend a day on safari in the magical Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park, the oldest proclaimed reserve in Africa and famous for its highly successful white rhino conservation program.
- The reserve is home to 84 species of game, including the 'Big Five'.
- There is an impressive 425 different types of birds,at last count!
- Lunch at Hilltop Camp (or similar) included.
- Hilly terrain affords some of the most incredible views over the reserve.
- Game drive in an open safari vehicle.
Departures: Mon/Wed/Fri - 0715 hour Duration: Full Day Price: On Request
4. Sani Pass & Lesotho Tour
For those with a sense of adventure, a 4x4 drive up the highest road pass in Africa will certainly provide you with a small dose of adrenalin. For your efforts, it will reward you with its breathtaking scenery. Note: Passport is required & visa conditions may apply.
- Drive through the rolling hills of the Midlands to the town of Underberg.
- Board a 4x4 vehicle, the only means by which to tackle the Sani Pass.
- Enter the Kingdom of Lesotho - another stamp for your passport!
- Visit a nearby Sotho Village, for a taste of local culture.
- Enjoy a light lunch in the highest pub in Africa, with incredible views.
- Visit the magnificant Howick Waterfall on your return (time permitting).
Departures: Mon/Wed/Fri - 0630 hours Duration: Full Day Price: On Request
5. Drakensberg World Heritage Tour
As if the stunning mountain scenery of the Drakensberg Mountains were not enough, our visit to the World Heritage Site of Giant's Castle incorporates a viewing of the enigmatic Bushman paintings.
- Enjoy a 3km round trip hike to the site of the caves adorned with the Bushmen's legacy (average level of fitness required). - Guided tour of the Bushman paintings, dating back 2 000 years.
- After working up an appetite, enjoy a hearty lunch, which is included.
- Return to Durban via the Midlands Meander Route, with its many craft and farmers markets.
Departures: Tue/Thu/Sat - 0630 hour Duration: Full Day Price: On Request
6. Isandlwana & Rorke's Drift Tour
KwaZulu-Natal is rich in Anglo-Zulu war history, where two of the most famous battles fought between the Zulu and British Armies have taken place.
- Visit the eerie battlefields of Isandlwana and Rorke's Drift.
- Lunch is included.
- View some of the most spectacular scenery in KwaZulu-Natal.
Departures: Wed/Fri - 0645 hours Duration: Full Day Price: On Request
What are our Customers saying about our safari holidays?
On behalf of myself, my wife and my two adult daughters, I want to sincerely thank you and AfricanMecca Safaris for our fabulous recent safari. Everything you promised exceeded our expectations and was superb, which is saying a lot since this was our second trip, having had a wonderful Botswana Safari 10 years ago. Do not ever hesitate to use me as a reference.
Robert Schenkein - prVision Photography Studio - Colorado, United States
Chobe was delightful, less than half full. Sussi and Chuma, very nice, again only 13 people in all. All the game drives and river cruises were excellent. We had great weather. The ability to get really close is in inspiring. EVERYWHERE we went, the people were warm, helpful and charming. Thank you so much. We will be recommending your services to all.
Thomas Kelch - California, United States
Raza Visram at AfricanMecca planned the most amazing trip for my friend and I. I wanted to go to 4 countries in 15 days and he made it happen. It was an aggressive itinerary and Raza planned it so well, that the transitions were seamless. The last leg of the trip was Botswana for another Safari and we stayed at the most beautiful lodge. The excitement in seeing the animals so closely is indescribable.
Karin Alsdorf - New Jersey, United States
I had a wonderful trip to Africa and I would highly recommend your company.I have been to Africa many times and I have never had such wonderful service. The guide and safari vehicle were both great and all the lodges were outstanding. We will be going to Africa again the year after next and I assure you I will be contacting you. Thanks again for arranging such a great trip.
Ronald Price, President, Ron Price Motors Group - California, United States
Greetings to you and our most fervent thanks for a wonderful trip of Kenya, Zanzibar, South Africa & Victoria Falls. This was truly a perfect vacation. Thank you so much for all your arrangements. It was a trip filled with different kinds of adventures. We experienced and learned so much. Would highly recommend it to others who are interested in similar trips. Wishing you the very best.
Adrienne & Barrie Carter - Canada
Thank you for everything; we had an amazing honeymoon. Words really can't describe our experience, all we can really say was that it was the most amazing experience of our lives and we would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone. We hope to visit Africa again sometime next year! Thank you & all of your staff for an amazing & perfect honeymoon.
Rick Sagoo - London, United Kingdom
CONTACT AND TALK TO OUR SOUTH AFRICA TOUR EXPERTS TODAY TO START YOUR TRIP PLANNING PROCESS
Request South Africa Custom Or Tailor-Made Safari Vacation Pricing Based On Your Specific Travel Dates At Your Preferred Safari Tier Lodge Or CampCONTACT AN EXPERT ON SOUTH AFRICA SAFARI PRICES & TOURS