READ MORE ON SAFARI TIERS
JOHANNESBURG DAY & CITY TOURS
1. Johannesburg City Tour
Experience South Africa's largest city - financial and commercial heart. It is in Johannesburg city that the country's radical political and social transformation is most evident - this is the "Rainbow Nation" at work.
- Visit Constitution Hill home of South Africa's Constitutional Court and site of the Johannesburg Old Fort Prison (closed Sat & Sun).
- Scenic drive through the newly renovated quaint suburb of Melville.
- Stop at Newtown Market where a unique variety of African arts and crafts are for sale.
- Visit MuseuMAfrica: the innercity's soul reminiscent of a 1950's shebeen Johannesburg's premier cultural history museum.
Departures: Daily - 0815 hours Duration: Half Day Price: On Request
2. Soweto Tour
Soweto - acronym for South Western Township, is home to over 2 million people who, despite living in crowded and chaotic conditions, have a tangible sense of community, which the ordered, walled northern suburbs lack.
- Visit the Hector Peterson Museum discovering the cause of the riots.
- Pass the Mandela House, giving you the option to visit this small museum (own account).
- Visit Regina Mondi Church, site of many underground meetings of the then banned political parties.
Departures: Daily - 1245 hours Duration: Half Day Price: On Request
3. Journey to Freedom & Apartheid Museum Tour
Apartheid was dismantled more than a decade ago with the liberating of black and colored South Africans in 1994 but its history lives on in a stark white building in Johannesburg. It is the Apartheid Museum (Soul Of South Africa) with the motto "A HISTORY FORGOTTEN IS A FUTURE LOST". The museum takes its visitors on a journey of the rise and fall of Apartheid which damned its victims to a life of servitude, humiliation and abuse, then rising to a nation of resistance, fortitude and courage.
- Enjoy a full day tour of South Africas struggle to democracy which has been so well documented in many diverse museums and places of interest.
- Hector Pieterson Museum, Mandela House, Regina Mondi Church, A traditional African lunch at a local restaurant in Soweto, Apartheid Museum
Departures: Tue/Thu/Sat/Sun - 0830 hours Duration: Full Day Price: On Request
4. Gold Reef City Tour
A reconstruction of Johannesburg during the Gold Rush era, Gold Reef City is home to a Victorian Fun Fare and is designed to replicate an era of the Gold Rush Experience.
- An organized tour, 'Jozi's Story of Gold', takes you through the many attractions on offer.
- Enjoy a performance of gumboot dancing routines, devised decades ago by mine workers.
- Take a trip down an old mine shaft and get a sense of the tough working conditions miners had to endure.
- Watch molten gold being poured all that earth moved for such little return
Departures: Daily - 0815 hours Duration: Half Day Price: On Request
5. Pilanesberg National Park Safari & Sun City Tour
A safari visit to the Pilanesberg National Park with an opportunity to experience game viewing the 'Big Five' and other diversity of wildlife/ecology. Thereafter, continuing to one of South Africa's most popular theme resorts Sun City.
- Guided closed vehicle game drive within Pilanesberg National Park, in search of the 'Big Five' and other animal species.
- Visit Sun City, with access to the casino. Access to the wave, swimming pools and guided tour of 'The Lost City' is optionally available - payable directly.
Departures: Daily - 0700 hours Duration: Full Day Price: On Request
6. Pretoria City Tour
An exploration of imposing Museums and Monuments, dedicated to tracing South Africa's extraordinary history. Pretoria is also known as the 'Jacaranda City', for its beautiful purple lined streets when the jacaranda trees are in full bloom.
- A visit to the Voortrekker Monument, a memorial to the early settlers.
- Kruger Museum - private residence of president Paul Kruger of the old Transvaal Republic.
- Visit Church Square, surrounded by buildings dating back to the turn-of-the-Century.
- The Union Buildings an architectural masterpiece and scene of Nelson Mandela's emotional inauguration as president in 1994.
Departures: Daily - 1300 hours Duration: Half Day Price: On Request
7. Lesedi Cultural Village Tour
An afternoon/evening tour of discovery at the Lesedi Cultural Village, home to families of various African tribes, living in traditional homesteads.
- Discover the Zulu, Xhosa, Ndebele, Sotho and Pedi cultures.
- Multilingual, multi visual orientation depicting the history of South Africa.
- Enjoy a traditional African meal.
Departures: Daily - 1530 hours Duration: Half Day Price: On Request
What are our Customers saying about our safari holidays?
On behalf of myself, my wife and my two adult daughters, I want to sincerely thank you and AfricanMecca Safaris for our fabulous recent safari. Everything you promised exceeded our expectations and was superb, which is saying a lot since this was our second trip, having had a wonderful Botswana Safari 10 years ago. Do not ever hesitate to use me as a reference.
Robert Schenkein - prVision Photography Studio - Colorado, United States
Chobe was delightful, less than half full. Sussi and Chuma, very nice, again only 13 people in all. All the game drives and river cruises were excellent. We had great weather. The ability to get really close is in inspiring. EVERYWHERE we went, the people were warm, helpful and charming. Thank you so much. We will be recommending your services to all.
Thomas Kelch - California, United States
Raza Visram at AfricanMecca planned the most amazing trip for my friend and I. I wanted to go to 4 countries in 15 days and he made it happen. It was an aggressive itinerary and Raza planned it so well, that the transitions were seamless. The last leg of the trip was Botswana for another Safari and we stayed at the most beautiful lodge. The excitement in seeing the animals so closely is indescribable.
Karin Alsdorf - New Jersey, United States
I had a wonderful trip to Africa and I would highly recommend your company.I have been to Africa many times and I have never had such wonderful service. The guide and safari vehicle were both great and all the lodges were outstanding. We will be going to Africa again the year after next and I assure you I will be contacting you. Thanks again for arranging such a great trip.
Ronald Price, President, Ron Price Motors Group - California, United States
Greetings to you and our most fervent thanks for a wonderful trip of Kenya, Zanzibar, South Africa & Victoria Falls. This was truly a perfect vacation. Thank you so much for all your arrangements. It was a trip filled with different kinds of adventures. We experienced and learned so much. Would highly recommend it to others who are interested in similar trips. Wishing you the very best.
Adrienne & Barrie Carter - Canada
Thank you for everything; we had an amazing honeymoon. Words really can't describe our experience, all we can really say was that it was the most amazing experience of our lives and we would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone. We hope to visit Africa again sometime next year! Thank you & all of your staff for an amazing & perfect honeymoon.
Rick Sagoo - London, United Kingdom
CONTACT AND TALK TO OUR SOUTH AFRICA TOUR EXPERTS TODAY TO START YOUR TRIP PLANNING PROCESS
Request South Africa Custom Or Tailor-Made Safari Vacation Pricing Based On Your Specific Travel Dates At Your Preferred Safari Tier Lodge Or CampCONTACT AN EXPERT ON SOUTH AFRICA SAFARI PRICES & TOURS